Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thank you, Census Bureau, for wasting my money


Dear Mr. Secretary of Commerce:
 
I just received my letter telling me I will receive the census next week. 

Have you people totally lost your minds?  I shutter to think how much 
money Mr. Groves and his staff blew through to send out these worthless 
letters.  I wonder how many people that money would have fed, how many 
months of unemployment insurance it would have funded, how many life 
saving medical procedures it would have covered.  Instead, it's going 
straight to the recycle bin. 

This is an example of everything that is wrong with our government.  You 
should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Sincerely, 
Mrs. Roy

2 comments:

  1. I'm giving Mrs. Roy two thumbs up, the southern rock ciggarette lighter wave, and a standing ovation! You go Mrs. Roy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we got one too! Never fear, I'm sure we'll get another one the week after we get the census reminding us that we got it the week before as we'd been notified previously. Name, rank, serial number. That's all they're getting from us.

    ReplyDelete